Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is a holy tour from Pashupatinath temple in Kathmandu to Mt Kailash in Tibet. Located in the extreme remote region of Western Tibet, 6,714 meters, Mount Kailash, where the solitude, clean air and spirituality are at its peak. This site is sacred to four religions, the Hindus, Buddhists, Jain and the followers of Bon which is the ancient shamanistic religion of Tibet. The parikrama/kora or circumference of Mount Kailash is an essential part of your overall journey to Mount Kailash.
According to Hinduism, Lord Shiva Resides on top of Mount Kailash, where he sits in a state of meditation along with his wife Parvati. Mount Kailash is believed to be the ultimate destination of souls and the spiritual center of the world. Alike Mount Kailash, Lake Mansarovar is the abode of purity. It is a place of pilgrimage, attracting Hindus from all over the world. Taking a bath in Mansarovar and drinking its water is believed to cleanse all sins committed over a hundred lifetimes. Those who have visited the holy spots of Lake Mansarovar and Mount Kailash carry with them a memory of a lifetime which remind them of the presence of Lord Shiva in their lives that gives them a feeling of peace and tranquility.
- Scenic drive Kathmandu - Kerung
- 3 days trek (called kora) to Mt Kailash
- Visits Pashupatinath Temple, Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar
- The life of people in the roof of world
- Walking on Dolma La Pass at an altitude of 5,600m
- 3 Night accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 star hotel- Hotel Mahadev or similar
- 1 night at Dhunche or Syabrubesi
- Accommodation at Guest House during Tibet Visit on sharing basis
- Sightseeing of Kathmandu city (full day)
- Kathmandu – China Border – Kathmandu by Non – A/C Vehicle
- Tibet group Visa Fee
- All vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Transportation in Tibet by Luxury A/C Coach
- Supporting truck to carry equipment
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All necessary travel & trekking permit as per our Itinerary
- Supporting crew members (Cooks, Helpers & Sherpas)
- Oxygen cylinders for emergency use & medical kit bag
- One duffle bag, One back pack, One cap, One passport holder, One water proof windcheater jacket as a souvenir gift
- Kailash Yatra completion certificate
- Escort for airport pick up & drop off
- All applicable taxes & service charges
- Travel insurance / Rescue and evacuation service
- Nepal re-entry Visa fee
- Tips for guide & driver and Personal expenses
- Horse riding during the Parikrama
- Air ticket to Kathmandu & return back to home.
- Extra Hotel charge in Kathmandu if early return from Tibet or extra stay at Kathmandu
- Addition cost due to any political disturbances
- Any additional cost due to natural calamities and unforeseen circumstances
- Visa splitting charge and extra transportation cost, if returning early from Tibet.
Note: Foreign Passport Holders need to arrive Kathmandu 3 Working days before the fixed dates (Day 01 in the itinerary) for the Chinese Visa (Saturday and Sunday is not considered as working days). For Indian Passport, we will need your passport 7 working days before the trip in Delhi office. Please make sure that the Indian Passport Holder’s have Voters Card with them.
Fixed Arrival Dates 2020
Fixed Arrival Dates 2020
You can Pick your own Date if you have bigger group – Contact us
Temperature and Weather
From May through September in Tibet are generally dry and sunny, with more precipitation in August. Daytime temperatures can be as high as 72 °F with the average daily temperature of 50 °F. However, the sun is much more intense at higher altitudes making it feel much hotter. At this time of year there is also an incredible drop in temperature from early afternoon to evening. The temperature at night will drop as low as 14 °F to 32°F at altitudes of 16,404 feet, which is our highest camp during the Parikrama.
Pack clothing for both extremes of climate and temperature. While driving to Mt. Kailash, it will be warm inside the vehicle and light clothing will be required. However, as soon as you step out of the vehicle warm clothing will be required to keep off the cold wind of the Tibetan Plateau. Evening will be generally cold and warm clothing will be required. List of items to bring is provided below in the packing list.
- Visa is not required for Indian Nationals.
- For Chinese Visa and Tibet Permit submit your passport at Delhi Office at least 7 working days prior to tour departure date
- Nepal Visa is stamped in Kathmandu Airport upon arrival. Please check Department of Immigration for Nepal Visa
- Chinese Visa is stamped in Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. Your original passport with photographs are required at least 3 working days prior to tour departure date
- Tibet Travel Permits will be required. For obtaining these group permits you will have to send us the colored scan copy of your passport at least 25 days prior to tour departure date.
- Muktinath Tour – 04 N / 05 D Tour Extension: USD 900 per person (Based on Twin sharing)
- Janakpur Tour – 02 N / 03 D Tour Extension: USD 700 per person /(Based on Twin Sharing)
- Everest Mountain Flight: USD 330 (Any Early Morning at 6.30AM)
- 90-150 days prior to departure date: full payment refund except non-refundable deposit:
- 45-90 days prior to departure date: 75% of your payment refund except the non-refundable deposit.
- If cancellation takes place less than 45 days prior to departure due to client’s personal problems, all previously paid amount(s) will be forfeited.
Still cameras and video cameras are allowed in China. Taking photos or videos at any Chinese Government area (Army camp, Chinese Govt. home etc) is prohibited.
Recommended Packing List
- 4 pairs of pants (1 Cargo, 1 jogging or Yoga, 1 windproof- waterproof - breathable, 1 Ski Pants)
- 1 or 2 long sleeves Shirts (Fleece or Hoodies)
- 2 short sleeves (tees or polos)
- One Towel (light weight), one warm Scarf, a Shawl
- 2 pairs of warm hand gloves (one warm and soft – one water resistant/Ski Gloves)
- One pair of Gore-Tex, Ankle support Hiking Boots (should be 1 ½ size bigger than your foot measure)
- One pair of Sneakers or Tennis Shoes and/or One Pair of sandal with back strap
- 8 Under garments, 4 small and large ziplock bags, and 4 X- large garbage bags, 10 plastic grocery bags
- One Wind breaker jacket with a hood( water resistant/proof)
- Two Thermals (two legging and two top) (microfiber thermals are great and comes in black)
- One set of warm Pajamas for night sleep
- 2 Combination Locks for your luggage’s
- Small Back Pack (Day Pack) (Water proof or with rain cover)
- Digital Camera with video capability, I-pod or Mp3 player, I-pod Speakers (Charging available up to Saga)(bring Asia plug adaptor for plug ins)
- Headlamp or small Flash light with extra batteries AND UV protective Sunglasses with retainer (Thread/chain)
- Slim Thermos for hot water AND a plastic durable water bottle (small)
- Camel-Bak (small one or 2 liter) for drinking water during Parikrama (optional)
- 2 Trekking Poles to be used during Parikrama (optional, but recommended)
- 4 copies of Passport Photos (keep photos and passport in small zipbag to protect from rain)
- Note book journal and a pen, Your Favorite book to read, Swiss army Knife, Travel Sewing kit
- Travel size Sun block, Tooth paste and brush, Travel Size Soap, Travel Size Lotion, Travel size tissue packs (10 per person), Wide tooth comb, Lip balm, Travel Size Shampoo, Hair Moisturizer or oil, hand sanitizer, and Deodorant.
First Aid and Medical Kits
Medicines Consulting with your physician is highly recommended and bring the medications as per his/ her advice. Only bring enough to last for travel days: your prescribed medicines, cough medicine, cough drops, pain medicine (Tylenol/Advil) Imodium, Ciprofloxacin(Rx – Traveler’s diarrhea), Emergen-C, Visine Eye Drops, multivitamins, band aid, Neosporin, Vicks Vapor Rub, Muscle Relaxer Cream, Motion sickness and high altitude sickness medicine (Diamox is Highly Recommended which is for altitude sickness)
Bring your favorite snacks like biscuits, Hard Candy, Chocolates, dry sweets, dry fruits, and Nasto
Pack all items in large duffel bag or suitcase as per airline size. In Kathmandu, Duffel bags will be provided to you from the company. In Kathmandu pack your necessities for your journey in a large Duffle bag and leave behind your Suitcase at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Information required for this trip is provided here. If you want to consult us regarding any aspect of the trip, please feel free to email us or give us a call at +977 9841414582