Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter makes your holy tour faster and easier in a luxury standard. In this tour you will fly from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Simikot in domestic flights and onwards take a Helicopter ride to Hilsa. After entering Tibet, drive to Mansarovar Lake. In Kathmandu you will be staying in 4-5 star hotels and in 3 star hotel in Nepalgunj.
Trip Cost Includes :
- 2 nights (Twin sharing) at 4 star Hotel – Hotel: Crown Imperial/ Hotel Akama or similar
- One night in 3 star Hotel – Hotel Batika with vegetarian meals (twin sharing)
- 02 nights at Hotel Himalaya or Purang (Triple Sharing Basis)
- Tibet side accommodation will be dormitory Guest House on sharing basis with Tibetan common toilet.
- Pick up & drop transfers in One half-day tour in Kathmandu
- Necessary arrival / departure transfers in Nepalgunj.
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu air ticket (fixed wing – Yeti Air OR Buddha Air)
- Nepalgunj – Simikot – Nepalgunj air ticket (Fixed wing – Twin Otter aircraft OR Dornier)
- Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot by Helicopter (only 4 to 6 persons can be carried at a time)
- All vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner) while on the tour
- Transportation in Tibet by Private luxury a/c coach and Tour around Lake Mansarovar
- English speaking Tibetan guide & one professional tour Manager
- Necessary experienced supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas, tour Manager)
- All necessary Kitchen & camping
- Oxygen for emergency use , Medical kit bag / First Aid kit
- One duffle bag, One back pack, One cap, One passport holder, One water proof windcheater jacket as a souvenir gift from our company
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties
- All applicable taxes & service charges
- Horse riding expenses during the Mount Kailash Circuit (Kora)
- Your travel insurance, Insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation service
- Personal expenses and Tip for guide, driver
- Extra accommodation charge in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj, Simikot and Hilsa if flight is cancelled due to bad weather or delay in Permit /Visa from Tibet (Please make sure your air ticket is flexible to change dates)
- Visa splitting charge and extra transportation cost, if returning early from Tibet.
- Any additional cost due to natural calamities and unforeseen circumstances
Route: Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Mt. Kailash / Mansarovar Lake – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Important Note: Foreign Passport Holders need to arrive to Kathmandu 3 Working days before the fixed dates (Day 01 in the itinerary) for the Chinese Visa (Saturday and Sunday is not considered as working days). For Indian Passport, we will need your passport 7 working days before the trip in Delhi office. Please make sure that the Indian Passport Holder’s have Voters Card with you.
Due to weather condition sometimes you may not be able to make your flight at your scheduled time. So we recommend you to keep one day additional while returning and please make sure your ticket is flexible to change your date.
Day 01 (DATE): Kathmandu Arrival (1400m) – Overnight in Kathmandu
Your Arrival Time – Airport pickup and transfer to your Hotel.
Evening – A short briefing about Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
Meal: Dinner at Hotel | Hotel: 4 Star Deluxe Hotel – Crown Imperial/ Hotel Akama or similar
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & Fly to Nepalgunj (150m) – Overnight in Nepalgunj
After Breakfast – Half day sightseeing of Pashupatinath and Shakti Peeth.
Afternoon – Flight Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (1hr) & Transfer to Hotel in Nepalgunj and stay overnight at Surkhet depending upon situation.
Meal: Breakfast & Lunch in Kathmandu, Dinner at Nepalgunj | Hotel: Hotel Batika / Sneha or similar
Day 03: Fly Nepalgunj – Simikot (2900m) & Heli to Hilsa (3700m) & Drive to Taklakot (3900m) – Overnight in Taklakot
Early Morning – Flight Nepalgunj to Simikot (1hr). Rest for few hours at Simikot.
Morning – Take Helicopter to Hilsa (20 min – 12kg weight limit) & wait for other members to arrive at Hilsa (since it is a group visa and everyone have to enter Tibet side in one group)
Afternoon – From Hilsa drive to Purang border to Taklakot and stay at Hotel. We will stay overnight at Taklakot. (On the way we have to pass upto 3 Checkpoints where checking might take upto 1 hr in each post)
Meal: Breakfast at Nepalgunj / Simikot, Lunch at Hilsa, Dinner at Taklakot | Hotel: Guest House
Day 04: At Taklakot (3900m) – Rest Day – Overnight in Taklakot
All Day – Entire day free for Acclimatization
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Hotel Himalaya, New Purang, Riverside or Similar
Day 05: Drive to Manasarovar Lake (4550m) – Overnight in Mansarovar
After Breakfast – Drive towards Manasarovar Lake (95 km). On the way you will have to pass the first checkpoint. Then after driving for 70 kms from Taklakot we will reach Rakshas Tal. On the right of Rakshas Tal you will see Gurla Mandhata Parvat and first view of Mount Kailash and Manasarovar lake. Drive from Rakshas Tal to Manasarovar Lake (25 km).
Start Parikrama of Manasarovar Lake (90 km – 3hr by Private A/C Coach). Take holy dip & perform Puja.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Manasarovar Lake Side Mud House
Day 06: 1st Day of Parikrama – Drive to Darchen (4650m) & Yama Dwar & Trek to Dirapuk (4880m) – Overnight in Dirapuk
After Breakfast – Drive to Darchen (35 km – 1 hr) and Yama Dwar (8 km) – the starting point for Kora. We will trek to Dirapuk for 14 km. You will visit the North face of Mt. Kailash and touching the feet of Mt. Kailash (Charan Sparsha). Travelers who do not want to trek around (Parikrama) Mt. Kailash can go back to Darchen wait for rest of the group to arrive from Parikrama.
Meal: Breakfast at Manasarovar, Lunch & Dinner on the way during Parikrama
Hotel: Mud house on the way during Parikrama or Stay in Dormitory Guest House at Darchen
NOTE: If you are not doing Parikrama, then you will still be waiting at Darchen (4650m)
Day 07: 2nd Day of Parikrama – On to Zuthulpuk (4670m) via Trek to Dolma La Pass (5700m) – Overnight in Zuthulpuk
After Breakfast – Trek from Dirapuk to Dolma La Pass (8 km). About 3 kms before reaching Dolma La Pass is steep hill and quite difficult to walk. Also descending from Dolma La Pass is the same for upto 3 km. While descending you can see Gaurikund on the right. After walking for about 2 – 3 hrs we will reach Phedi. After some rest we will start trek to Zuthulpuk (12 km trek for 6 hours).
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Stay at the Mud House (Zutulpuk)
NOTE: If you are not doing Parikrama, then you will still be waiting at Darchen
Day 08: 3rd Day of Parikrama – Trek to Darchen – Drive to Hilsa via Taklakot – Overnight in Hilsa / Simikot
After Breakfast – After short easy Trek (8 km – 3 hrs), we will reach our Private A/C Coach pick up point. Then drive to Darchen (3 kms) and merge with other members who were waiting. From there drive to Hilsa (also we will take helicopter to Simikot based on situation)
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Hotel: Guest House
Day 09: Fly Hilsa – Simikot – Nepalgunj & Fly back to Kathmandu – Overnight in Kathmandu
Fly to Hilsa to Simikot (20 mins) by Helicopter – Fly from Simikot to Nepalgunj (around 1 hr)/ Surkhet and fly back to Kathmandu (or proceed to Lucknow by Road)
Meal: Breakfast at Simikot, Lunch at Nepalgunj, Dinner at Kathmandu | Hotel:4 Star Deluxe Hotel – Crown Imperial/ Hotel Akama or similar
Day 10: Transfer to Kathmandu Airport
Certificate of completion will be provided to you. You will be free till your flight time. We will drop you at Airport 1-2 hour before flight time (30 mins drive).
Meal: Breakfast Only
Optional: Everest Mountain Flight, Muktinath & Manakamana Tour
2020 Kathmandu Arrival Dates for Helicopter Mansarovar Yatra
Fixed Dates – Kathmandu Arrival Dates for Helicopter
May 29 – FM
Jun 01 – FM
Jun 28 – FM
Jul 01 – FM
Jul 27 – FM
Jul 30 – FM
Aug 26 – FM
Aug 29 – FM
Note: Above mentions dates are our fixed Kathmandu arrival dates, where FM represents the Full Moon (FM) trip. There are two Full Moon arrival dates every month – 1st Full Moon group will be in Mansarovar after the Kailash parikrama,whereas 2nd Full moon group will be in Mansarovar before the Kailash parikrama on the same Full moon day.
Note: You can pick your own date as well if you have bigger group. Contact Us
Temperature and Weather
From May through September in Tibet are generally dry and sunny, with more precipitation in August. Daytime temperatures can be as high as 72 °F with the average daily temperature of 50 °F. However, the sun is much more intense at higher altitudes making it feel much hotter. At this time of year there is also an incredible drop in temperature from early afternoon to evening. The temperature at night will drop as low as 14 °F to 32°F at altitudes of 16,404 feet, which is our highest camp during the Parikrama.
Pack clothing for both extremes of climate and temperature. While driving to Mt. Kailash, it will be warm inside the vehicle and light clothing will be required. However, as soon as you step out of the vehicle warm clothing will be required to keep off the cold wind of the Tibetan Plateau. Evening will be generally cold and warm clothing will be required. List of items to bring is provided below in the packing list.
- Visa is not required for Indian Nationals.
- For Chinese Visa and Tibet Permit submit your passport at Delhi Office at least 7 working days prior to tour departure date
- Nepal Visa is stamped in Kathmandu Airport upon arrival. Please check Department of Immigration for Nepal Visa
- Chinese Visa is stamped in Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. Your original passport with photographs are required at least 3 working days prior to tour departure date
- Tibet Travel Permits will be required. For obtaining these group permits you will have to send us the colored scan copy of your passport at least 25 days prior to tour departure date.
- Muktinath Tour – 04 N / 05 D Tour Extension: USD 900 per person (Based on Twin sharing)
- Janakpur Tour – 02 N / 03 D Tour Extension: USD 700 per person /(Based on Twin Sharing)
- Everest Mountain Flight: USD 330 (Any Early Morning at 6.30AM)
- 90-150 days prior to departure date: full payment refund except non-refundable deposit:
- 45-90 days prior to departure date: 75% of your payment refund except the non-refundable deposit.
- If cancellation takes place less than 45 days prior to departure due to client’s personal problems, all previously paid amount(s) will be forfeited.
Still cameras and video cameras are allowed in China. Taking photos or videos at any Chinese Government area (Army camp, Chinese Govt. home etc) is prohibited.
Recommended Packing List
- 4 pairs of pants (1 Cargo, 1 jogging or Yoga, 1 windproof- waterproof - breathable, 1 Ski Pants)
- 1 or 2 long sleeves Shirts (Fleece or Hoodies)
- 2 short sleeves (tees or polos)
- One Towel (light weight), one warm Scarf, a Shawl
- 2 pairs of warm hand gloves (one warm and soft – one water resistant/Ski Gloves)
- One pair of Gore-Tex, Ankle support Hiking Boots (should be 1 ½ size bigger than your foot measure)
- One pair of Sneakers or Tennis Shoes and/or One Pair of sandal with back strap
- 8 Under garments, 4 small and large ziplock bags, and 4 X- large garbage bags, 10 plastic grocery bags
- One Wind breaker jacket with a hood( water resistant/proof)
- Two Thermals (two legging and two top) (microfiber thermals are great and comes in black)
- One set of warm Pajamas for night sleep
- 2 Combination Locks for your luggage’s
- Small Back Pack (Day Pack) (Water proof or with rain cover)
- Digital Camera with video capability, I-pod or Mp3 player, I-pod Speakers (Charging available up to Saga)(bring Asia plug adaptor for plug ins)
- Headlamp or small Flash light with extra batteries AND UV protective Sunglasses with retainer (Thread/chain)
- Slim Thermos for hot water AND a plastic durable water bottle (small)
- Camel-Bak (small one or 2 liter) for drinking water during Parikrama (optional)
- 2 Trekking Poles to be used during Parikrama (optional, but recommended)
- 4 copies of Passport Photos (keep photos and passport in small zipbag to protect from rain)
- Note book journal and a pen, Your Favorite book to read, Swiss army Knife, Travel Sewing kit
- Travel size Sun block, Tooth paste and brush, Travel Size Soap, Travel Size Lotion, Travel size tissue packs (10 per person), Wide tooth comb, Lip balm, Travel Size Shampoo, Hair Moisturizer or oil, hand sanitizer, and Deodorant.
First Aid and Medical Kits
Medicines Consulting with your physician is highly recommended and bring the medications as per his/ her advice. Only bring enough to last for travel days: your prescribed medicines, cough medicine, cough drops, pain medicine (Tylenol/Advil) Imodium, Ciprofloxacin(Rx – Traveler’s diarrhea), Emergen-C, Visine Eye Drops, multivitamins, band aid, Neosporin, Vicks Vapor Rub, Muscle Relaxer Cream, Motion sickness and high altitude sickness medicine (Diamox is Highly Recommended which is for altitude sickness)
Bring your favorite snacks like biscuits, Hard Candy, Chocolates, dry sweets, dry fruits, and Nasto
Pack all items in large duffel bag or suitcase as per airline size. In Kathmandu, Duffel bags will be provided to you from the company. In Kathmandu pack your necessities for your journey in a large Duffle bag and leave behind your Suitcase at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Information required for this trip is provided here. If you want to consult us regarding any aspect of the trip, please feel free to email us or give us a call at +977 9841414582