Annapurna Base Camp Trek or also called Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is an ALL INCLUSIVE itinerary that takes you to one of the most popular trekking trails in Nepal Himalayas. In this trek we fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara for starting the trek. This trail goes through Pokhara-Ghandruk-Chhomrong-Dovan-Deurali-ABC-Jhinu Danda-Nayapul (Pokhara), walking past terraced fields, traditional local Gurung villages, diverse flora and fauna along with amazing views of Annapurna, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Dhaulagiri and Manaslu. Mt. Annapurna (8091m) is the 10th highest mountain in the world and this Annapurna Base Camp Trek takes us up to the Base Camp at an altitude of 4130m/13549ft. Out of your budget ? Have a look at 10 days Annapurna Base Camp Budget Trek.
- Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to trek start point, Nayapul
- 8 days trekking walking for 5-6 hours each day amidst the towering peaks
- Highest Altitude in this trek is at Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,545ft)
Trip Cost Includes:
- All airport pick ups and drops in tourist cars and Pokhara Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara Flight with airport departure taxes
- Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu hotels (2 Nights)
- Twin sharing accommodation in Pokhara hotels (1 Night)
- Best available lodges and guesthouses during the trekking days (6 Nights)
- Lodges and Guesthouses accommodation during the trek will be twin sharing and occasionally dormitory.
- 9 Breakfast, 6 Lunch, 7 Dinner (including Farewell Dinner in a Traditional Nepalese Restaurant with Dance)
- An English speaking knowledgeable trekking guide
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage during the trek (1 porter for 2 guests)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Annapurna Conservation Park permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Medical Kit will be carried by Trekking Guide
- All Government and Local Taxes
Trip Cost Excludes:
- International Flights and Nepal Visa (bring 2 passport size photographs and accurate USD)
- Extra Night Accommodation/Extra Meals or any other costs incurred due to early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason), flight cancellation etc, other than the scheduled itinerary
- Excess baggage charges. Arline charges USD 1-1.5 per extra kg if you carry more than 10kg luggage
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Alcoholic drinks and hot and cold drinks
- Personal expenses (Laundry,phone,beverages,battery recharge,bottle water,shower etc)
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers (Tipping is expected)
Given below are the fixed departure dates for online booking. If the given departure dates are not suitable for you, please email us or call us at +977 9841414582 and we will happily customize your trip on the date more appropriate for you.
|Start date||End date||Availability||No of pax||Total price|
|Start date||End date||Availability||No of pax||Total price|
Best Months for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
The springtime from March, April, May and the autumn months from September, October, November is considered the best months for this trek.
Maximum Altitude in this trek: Annapurna Base Camp at (4,130m/13,545ft)
Your safety is our most important concern while traveling with Eve Holidays. Please note that adventure travel goes to the remote part of the mountain where weather conditions, health condition of team member, unexpected natural disasters and delay or cancellation of flights can affect the itinerary. Every effort will be made to keep to the itinerary but your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns, without any pre consultation with clients. So please be prepared to be flexible if required.
In case the trip has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, you are free to choose an alternative trip such as a trek in the Everest, Langtang, or any other region, or sightseeing tours, equivalent to the same price (If trip price is more it will cost you the difference between the two trips ). If you are not interested in the alternative trip, please note that there will be no refund.
Nepal Tourist Visa & Visa Fee
You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at International Airport in Kathmandu. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos with accurate USD for visa fee.
Weather in the mountains is difficult to predict. Spring season ( March to May) and Autumn ( September to November ) is considered the best months for Everest Base Camp Trekking. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for trekking, only issue is cold. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing in higher elevations. Trekking in summer/monsoon (June, July, August) will be affected by rain but summer trek could be a good choice for botanist. The trekking routes are crowded during spring and autumn but during monsoon and winter the routes are not packed.
Anyone who is fit and healthy and have a habit of walking for few of hours a day can do this trek. However walking in higher altitudes is more physically demanding than walking in lower altitudes. Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks prior to the trip is a good idea to enhance your stamina. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lungs and blood diseases are required to consult their doctor before taking the trip. It is also advised that you inform Eve Holidays about the medical condition before booking the trek.
All of Eve Holidays trekking itineraries are planned keeping in mind the risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Going up at higher altitude too fast causes a medical condition called AMS which is serious enough to kill if neglected. We are well aware that it is essential to allow you sufficient time for acclimatization to minimize the risk. However it is important to remember that some people are more vulnerable than others.
Important Documents and Items
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars or Pounds in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM/Cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler's checks, etc.
It is recommended that you carry a light 35-50L rucksack with your personal belongings that you may need handy such as camera, hat, glasses, gloves, sun creams, first-aid kit, toothpaste/brush, soap/ towel, and other personal items.
To keep yourself hydrated at high altitude, always remember to carry water container with at least 1 litre of water in your backpack. Around base camp you will need your down jacket. Here is the guideline of Equipment and Packing List
All our trekking guides have received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Centre in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from Kathmandu Environmental Education Project (KEEP).
We use standard rooms at a hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast included. Along the trekking routes, you stay in teahouses and lodges that generally provide basic clean facilities with a mattress and a quilt or blanket. The lodges in trekking routes usually provide single and double rooms, or occasionally a dormitory. The toilets in tea houses provide essential and basic facilities and are always outside the room. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis.Single supplement will be provided on request and will cost an additional USD 200. Although single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation, it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
While on trekking, meals are provided at Guesthouses and Lodges on the way in Kathmandu breakfast is provided in the hotel where you will stay. We make it sure that the food we provide is hygienic and at the same time suits your palate. Each day dinner and breakfast will be at a lodge where you will stay and lunch will be on the way. Foods cooked in lodges and guesthouses on the way are pasta, tuna bakes, noodles, potatoes, eggs, daal bhat (rice and lentils), bread, soup, fresh vegetables (variety depends on the season) and even some desserts like apple pies, pancakes, and some interesting attempts at custard. You will find a lot of garlic on the menu because it assists with acclimatization. In many larger villages you may find some meat items on the menu. You can always get hot chocolate, tea, and hot lemon drinks, as well as soft drinks, and treats like chocolate and crisps.
Means of Transportation
We use tourist vehicles for sightseeing in Kathmandu and all land transportation. Depending on the group size we use cars, minibus, vans or alternatively 4WD SUVs.
No vaccinations are compulsory in Nepal, but we do recommend you are covered for Diphtheria, TB, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Malaria, Typhoid, Polio and Tetanus. We also do recommend for a dental check-up prior to travelling and you should know your blood group in case of emergency in your travel.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions which might affect you on your tour, you need to inform us.
Communication while trekking
There are telephones in some villages along the trekking routes from which you can make international calls. Our guides will have their local mobile phones, in case you want to make international calls or want to provide your number to your family for the call back to you. Any international calls made you can pay to the guide
One MUST have travel insurance policy to join any of Eve Holidays trips. You must be insured for comprehensive expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents (this includes air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and treatment costs and theft and loss) or trip cancellation. We don't arrange or sell insurance.
The trekking will be arranged for you according to your needs. So, please contact us for your required departure date. Best Months: March to May & September to November. You can have a look at our fixed departure dates to see if that suits your plans.
Information required for this trip is provided here. If you want to consult us regarding any aspect of the trip, please feel free to email us or give us a call at +977 9841414582
I was visiting Nepal for the first time and my trek to Annapurna Base Camp was very rewarding one. My trekking guide was very friendly and helping always. I am satisfied with their services and definitely recommend this company to everyone.
My experience trekking with Eve Holidays team was fantastic. Everything was perfect.
Martin Derek, Norway